BHC Alhambra Continuing Education Complaint Policy
BHC Alhambra Hospital is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the American Psychological Association’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists. BHC Alhambra Hospital will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants.
The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the CPA PAS CE Program Director Robert Vande Steeg in consultation with Shannon Braasch, the Program Administrator.
While BHC Alhambra Hospital works to assure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which will require intervention and/or action on the part of BHC Alhambra Hospital. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such complaints.
When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken.
- If the complaint concerns the speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation, the individual filing the complaint will be asked to put his/her comments in written format. The CE Program Director will then pass on the comments to the speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual.
- If the complaint concerns a workshop offering, its content, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the workshop was offered, the CE Director will mediate and will be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action during a workshop or conference, the CE Director will:
- attempt to move the participant to another presentation or
- provide a credit for a subsequent presentation or
- provide a partial or full refund of the registration fee.
Actions 2b and 2c will require a written note, documenting the grievance, for record keeping purposes. The note need not be signed by the grieved individual.
- If the grievance concerns the business practices of BHC Alhambra Hospital CE program, in a specific regard, the CE Program Director or Administrator will attempt to arbitrate.
Refund and Attendance Policy
CANCELLATIONS are subject to a $20.00 processing fee and must be received 7 days prior to be eligible for a refund. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Those who attend this workshop in full and complete the appropriate evaluation form will receive CE credits. Please note that credit will only be granted to those who attend the entire workshop. Those arriving more than 15 minutes after the start time or leaving before the workshop is complete will not receive CE credit.