Reasons Eating Disorder Center was created by a multi-disciplinary team of professionals with extensive expertise in eating disorders, trauma, substance abuse, and related psychiatric issues. The program offers a full continuum of care with dedicated Inpatient Adult beds, Inpatient Adolescent beds, Adult Residential beds, and an Adult Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Program that includes an Independent Living component and an Adolescent Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Program. We offer gender inclusive services for patients 12 years and older.
Our inpatient services are offered at BHC Alhambra Hospital. As part of a larger hospital, we are able to work with most major insurance plans to obtain authorization for treatment and believe in working with families and outpatient providers to develop a cohesive treatment plan that will ensure success of the patient struggling with an eating disorder.
Some important things to know about Reasons:
- Reasons EDC Inpatient Program has a unique specialty in working with patients in need of strong psychiatric stabilization and containment of co-occurring symptoms along with eating disorder treatment, while maintaining a humane and personalized approach.
- Reasons EDC Residential Program has a high staff to patient ratio in order to provide a structured and safe environment of healing, even in a less restrictive level of care.
- Reasons leadership is committed to a high quality of care and continual program development, keeping up with the latest research findings and good clinical practice.
- Reasons staff has great empathy for patients struggling with eating disorders and their family members- our patients are met with challenges and the work of recovery, but also with loving supportive therapeutic care.
- Reasons leadership and staff is committed to the belief that a person can fully recover from an eating disorder and also heal from underlying pain in their lives.
- Reasons is accredited by the Joint Commission and has obtained the highest level of accreditation for quality standards available.
“Thank you for challenging me, for lovingly prodding and pushing buttons that helped me release pain and transform my suffering. You are all miracle workers who are dedicated to your patients, and I am grateful for all that you and your team did to help me on my journey to recovery”. – previous patient