The future of eating disorders treatment is here. The telehealth services at Reasons Eating Disorder Center are here to meet your needs, no matter where you are in California or when you need help.
Why Choose Telehealth for Treatment?
Telehealth, Virtual IOP and Virtual PHP allow for you to receive eating disorders treatment services from the comfort of your home.
The software we use is HIPAA compliant to make sure your sessions stay private, and with group and individual therapies, psychiatry sessions and RD all available via telehealth, you can receive many of the same therapies and treatment you would receive from an in-person session.
Benefits of Telehealth
Finding the time to attend treatment can be challenging, and the accessibility of telehealth transforms your journey to eating disorder recovery into something you can manage.
Telehealth makes your treatment more accessible:
- Eliminates travel time to and from the site
- Available to people anywhere in the state of California
- Expanded coverage from certain insurance payers such as Medicare and the VA
- Increased flexibility around session times
- Reduced wait times for programs, as admissions are not limited by physical group space or social distancing requirements
- Outpatient therapy and nutrition sessions as part of weekly PHP or IOP treatment for people stepping down from a RTC program or people who are in need of more than one session per week for their treatment and recovery plan.
- Gender inclusive care for adults 18 and older
Telehealth has many additional benefits beyond accessibility, including but not limited to:
- The ability to work on your recovery from home. For some this is a comfort, for others this is more challenging, and our initial assessment will help determine whether telehealth is the right option for you.
- A picture into the place where you might struggle. Your team gets to see and understand more of your home, family dynamics and provide really tailored and sometimes even in-the-moment support.
- Ease of use. For someone seeking treatment with an eating disorder diagnosis that may co-occur with anxiety, depression, ADHD or another mental health issue, the ability to sign-in from home can increase engagement.
- Exposure to seeing oneself onscreen. Screen time can be hard, but there is an element of therapeutic exposure that is beneficial. As more things are online than ever before such as higher education, work meetings and a host of other things, if seeing yourself on screen is a barrier this can be a safe space to practice and become used to the idea.
- Live meal support in your own kitchen
What is a Virtual Partial Hospitalization Program for Eating Disorders?
A Virtual PHP is a full-day of treatment and sessions from the comfort and convenience of your own home. This includes group sessions, meal support, as well as individual therapy, psychiatry, and nutrition sessions.
What is a Virtual Intensive Outpatient Program for Eating Disorders?
A Virtual IOP is a part-day of treatment and sessions from the comfort and convenience of your own home. This includes group sessions, meal support, and weekly psychiatry, therapy and nutrition sessions.
What to Expect
If you choose to attend one of our telehealth options for eating disorders treatment, you can expect that:
- The program director will meet with you, virtually, for an orientation to the program and the technology on the first day.
- All of your required paperwork will be done virtually or electronically.
- You will receive a unique log in to a patient portal where you can easily access your group and individual sessions as well as treatment plans and weekly treatment plan updates.
- You will be assigned an individual therapist and registered dietitian who are able to send messages to your team through the portal.
- You will attend weekly psychiatry appointments.
- You will be able to see other participants on the group screen and still develop a sense of community and engagement with peers in the program.
- You will be offered experiential therapies throughout the week as well as process groups.
- Your needs will be met through collaborative and individualized treatment planning and goal setting that caters to your specific situation.
- Each day ends with a review of goals and setting intentions for the future.
- There will be a strong focus on recovery skills and offering you hope for recovery.
What Do You Need for Telehealth Treatment?
One of the added benefits of telehealth, is that all you need to get started is access to the internet, a computer, tablet or phone and headphones.
Why Choose Virtual Treatment Over Traditional Care?
Our initial assessments will help determine if telehealth treatment is right for you, but telehealth can be a great choice for those who:
- Live in a geographical area of California with limited treatment options
- Have transportation limitations
- Need to better accommodate work/school/family commitments and still attend programming
Don’t Wait. Reach Out to Us Today
Help for eating disorders is just a phone call away. Please reach out to Reasons Eating Disorders Center by calling us at 844-573-2766 to get your journey to recovery started, today.