An Eating Disorder Treatment Facility Designed with You in Mind
Reasons Eating Disorder Center was created by a multidisciplinary team of professionals with extensive expertise in eating disorders, trauma, substance use disorders and related psychiatric issues. We offer a full continuum of care with dedicated residential, outpatient and inpatient eating disorder treatment programs for adults. Our outpatient programs include partial hospitalization (PHP) and intensive outpatient programs (IOP) for adults. An independent living component is available for adults in outpatient programs.
WHO WE SERVE
Our treatment programs offer gender-inclusive services for individuals, allowing you to become your fullest self as you dig deep to find your inner courage to recover and heal. From specialized eating disorder programs that help teach you recovery tools to evidence-based nutrition philosophy and therapy, Reasons Eating Disorder Center provides hope for your healing. We encourage you to use this opportunity to fully explore and celebrate who you are as you pursue recovery.
Our commitment is to diversity and patients of all backgrounds because we recognize that eating disorders do not discriminate. We are committed to education and advocacy regarding issues of marginalization, shame and isolation.
Reasons Eating Disorder Center, located in Greater Los Angeles, is also a certified TRICARE® provider and treats active duty service members, retirees, and their military family members. The Reasons team has tremendous respect for the service that the women and men of the armed forces provide to our country. We are committed to honoring their dedication and sacrifice by providing them with respectful and individualized care.
Our case managers, program directors and therapists coordinate care with commanders and other involved treatment professionals for the duration of the patients’ stay at Reasons. For more details, visit our Insurance Information page, or download our TRICARE® Brochure.
HONORING MARGINALIZED VOICES
Our bodies experience and internalize marginalizing experiences. This is especially true for people of color, the LGBTQ+ community, people in larger bodies, and other groups who are sometimes excluded when we talk about eating disorders—those we recognize as having marginalized voices.
At Reasons Eating Disorder Center, we are dedicated to creating a safe space for people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives to have a voice in treatment. We offer a genuinely personalized treatment approach–inclusive, person-centered and collaborative care for those struggling with the pain of an eating disorder. We are committed to respecting and uplifting marginalized experiences by:
- Exploring the intersection of identities and people’s experiences of discrimination and marginalization.
- Acknowledging the confluence of stressors associated with minority status, all of which puts people from these communities at particularly high risk for the development of disordered eating behaviors and their attendant consequences.
- Addressing the issues and pain underlying the disorder.
- Looking beyond the symptoms to help anyone suffering from an eating disorder start the process of healing.
PROVIDING ACUTE PSYCHIATRIC CARE
Our inpatient services are offered at BHC Alhambra Hospital. As part of a larger hospital, we are able to work with most major insurance plans to obtain authorization for treatment and believe in working with families and outpatient providers to develop a cohesive treatment plan that will ensure the success of the patient struggling with eating disorder recovery.
This connection also gives us the ability to handle acute mental health issues and provide addiction treatment, a key difference amongst other eating disorder treatment centers in the region.
SOME IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT REASONS
- Reasons’ inpatient program has a unique specialty in working with patients in need of strong psychiatric stabilization and containment of co-occurring symptoms along with eating disorder treatment while maintaining a humane and personalized approach.
- Reasons’ residential program has a high staff to patient ratio in order to provide a structured and secure environment of healing, even in a less restrictive level of care. Eating disorder residential treatment occurs in intimate six-bed homes, with 24-hour nursing, group therapy, and personalized treatment for each patient.
- Our adolescent eating disorder treatment programs are specialized to handle the developmental changes happening in young teens that can make treatment different from treating anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, or another eating disorder in an adolescent.
- Reasons leadership is committed to a high quality of care and continual program development, keeping up with the latest research findings and good clinical practice.
- Reasons staff has great empathy for those struggling with eating disorders and their family members. Our patients are met with challenges and the work of recovery, but also with loving supportive therapeutic care.
- Reasons leadership and staff are committed to the belief that a person can fully recover from an eating disorder and also heal from underlying pain in their lives.
- Reasons is accredited by The Joint Commission and has obtained the highest level of accreditation for quality standards available.
We Hold Hope for Your Recovery
Eating disorder recovery is not always easy, but it is possible. Let us support you in discovering not only the reasons for your eating disorder but the reasons for your recovery. To schedule a no-cost clinical consultation or for more information, please call 844-573-2766 or our online contact form. In case of a medical emergency or crisis, please call 911 or seek the nearest emergency room.